Friday, July 19, 2013

New Cover art for Harry Potter!



No unfortunately this isn't news about any new Harry Potter books. It is however news about the 15th anniversary of 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'. I feel so old hearing it's the 15th anniversary. I remember when these books first came out. I also remember every year they came out I would buy one the day it came out. There hasn't been a series yet that I've had to run out that day and buy the book. I've laughed and cried with these characters. They've become family to many of us. Even the movies have become family. So finding out that they are redoing the cover art for these books is pretty cool. It's only going to be for the paperback versions of the books. Here are two of the covers they have released so far :





 These are the only two I've seen so far. But they look amazing. Mary GrandPré's covers will always be iconic and beautiful. But I think that Kazu Kibuishi's art is beautiful too in it's own way. The scenes he's picked for the covers of these two are spot on. Tell me what you think about them. Do you like them or would you rather have the originals? Here's a link to the article with the 'Sorcerer's Stone' cover: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone new cover

Here's the link to the new cover are for the 'Half-Blood Prince' there is also a Q&A session with Kazu Kibuishi in this article: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince cover


Also,and I'm sure if you're a potterhead you already know about it, there is a site called Pottermore that is a retelling of the books in an interactive way. You also get to explore things never talked about in the books. J.K. Rowling explains where ideas on certain things came from. If you click the word Pottermore it'll take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment