Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Dead Zone Review



You know how your supposed to read a book before you watch a movie or tv show, because the book is always better? Well,let's just say that this is one of the few I didn't do that with. The tv show came out in the early 2000's. I was hooked on that show. It was so good. I had no idea it was based on a book. Well I just finished reading the book and wow. Stephen King definitely knows how to evoke emotion. I will say I still liked the television show a little better, but that doesn't mean the book was bad at all. Through out the whole thing he makes you understand that Johnny Smith is not gifted with the power of knowing but rather cursed with it. He does not see it as a good thing. When people find out what he can do they either want him to help them or they are deathly afraid of what he can do and cringe away from him. The latter is what bothers him the most. The book definitely got a little slow for me near the end, it did however pick back up in the final few chapters. I've never read a Stephen King book before, and when I picked this book up to read it, I wanted to read something different than what I usually do. No vampires, werewolves, or people in love through out the whole book. I definitely got what I was asking for and I loved it. I'm not really into the horror genre of pretty much anything. This I knew wouldn't be that way and it wasn't. If your looking for something different to read I would definitely give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment