Monday, September 29, 2014

Amity *Spoilers!*

Here is a house of ruin and rage, of death and deliverance.
Here is where I live, not living.
Here is always mine.


When Connor's family moves to Amity, a secluded house on the peaceful banks of New England's Concord River, his nights are plagued with gore-filled dreams of demons. destruction, and revenge. Dreams he kind of likes. Dreams he could make real, with Amity's help.

Ten years later, Gwen's family moves to Amity for a fresh start. Instead, she's haunted by lurid visions, disturbing voices, and questions about her own sanity. But with her history, who would ever believe her? And what could be done if they did?

Because Amity isn't just a house. She is a living force, bent on manipulating her inhabitants to her twisted will. She will use Connor and Gwen to bring about a violent end as she's done before. As she'll do again. And again. And again.

Inspired by a true-crime story, Amity spans generations to weave an overlapping, interconnected tale of terror, insanity. danger, and death.


 My Thoughts:

I got this book as a review download from edelweiss. I've been trying to get into YA horror lately. I guess because October is just a few days away lol. Anyways,when I started this book I really liked the different POV's and that they were very easy to differentiate between. Even if the Then and Now hadn't been at the top of every chapter I still would have been able to now which person was speaking very easily. Their voices were so different not just because of the time difference. I also really like the mirror that goes on between the two stories as if they both happen pretty much in the same way. I was a little confused towards the end though. The different pov's ran together and it was hard for me to keep up with who was who. I also really hated how Gwen ended up going to a prison for the criminally insane. It just didn't seem fair in my opinion. I was surprised though that Connor had ended up in jail (they ended up in the same jail). I thought that he might have killed himself and had become one with Amity, and that he was watching Gwen. All in all it was a good book. It's nothing like the movies,so don't start reading it thinking it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment