Saturday, August 22, 2015

Everything, Everything Review (spoilers)

Overview:

 My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.


My Thoughts: I got this book as a reivew copy from Netgalley. I had heard so many great things about this book. I'm so glad that I was able to read it. When I started reading this I was surprised at how at peace Madeline was with her disease. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be content living my life in a bubble and watching the outside world move on without me in it. Although that is the only life Maddy has ever known so I can't really fault her for that way of thinking. Her mother is a doctor so Maddy has pretty much everything she needs in her home. She also has a nurse named Carla who is almost like a second mother to Maddy. Maddy lost her father and brother to a car accident when she was a baby. She doesn't really remember them, but her mother was devestated. So of course her and Maddy have a very close relationship. They have movie night and game night. They even play Fonetik scrabble which sounds really awesome. All that changes though with the rumbling of a moving truck next door and the boy next door. I haven't read many books with a twist in them recently so I was never expecting the one that came at the end of this book. I was shocked and upset and happy all at the same time. This book is a definite must read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment