Sunday, August 23, 2015

How To Be Brave Review

Overview: 

Reeling from her mother's death, Georgia has a choice: become lost in her own pain, or enjoy life right now, while she still can. She decides to start really living for the first time and makes a list of fifteen ways to be brave - all the things she's wanted to do but never had the courage to try. As she begins doing the things she's always been afraid to do - including pursuing her secret crush, she discovers that life doesn't always go according to plan. Sometimes friendships fall apart and love breaks your heart. But once in a while, the right person shows up just when you need them most - and you learn that you're stronger and braver than you ever imagined.



My Thoughts: I love, love, loved this book. I could totally relate with Georgia. Not with the losing her mother, but with the weight. I wasn't exactly obese but I was overweight for my age and height. I still struggle with my weight today. I really loved that this book touched on that. I personally haven't read my YA books that deal with this subject very much.  I felt so proud of her for doing all the things that scared her. To actually finding her voice and telling people what she needed to say to them. Having the courage to ask that guy out. It's hard to be brave and go after the things you want. I was definitely crying the last few chapters of the book because I was so happy for Georgia. Her life was finally going in the direction it needed to. There were definitely a whole lot of bumps along the way, but she made it through and found out a lot about herself and her mother along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment