Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Divergent Review

Divergent by Veronica Roth


Overview:
In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.


My Thoughts: 
I know I'm a little late to the party but I can't tell you how much I loved this book! The characters were so well done. I loved and identified with Beatrice. Not being able to be what you thought you needed to be for everyone else is hard. Choosing to be someone different is even harder. I love the fact that this dystopian world is so much different than any other one I've read about. I feel the use of virtue's is ingenious. People today will pick a particular virtue to describe themselves to others. It's so relatable that you feel as though you could possibly be apart of that society. I'm more than excited to read the next book! 

Tell me what you think! Did you love this book or did you not like it? And if not why didn't you? Love you all! Keep reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment