Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holiday Madness / Traveling

Sorry for being gone so long. The holidays bring with them a certain type of madness. I had no time to read anything or do much of anything buy plan Christmas and New Years. I went on a trip to Florida for New Years and just got back. So I should be starting up again real soon. I would like to do a post about traveling though. I realized after not having been on a plane for about three years that not a lot has changed with traveling. But many people haven't or don't know how to make things easier on themselves.


Clothes / Shoes
When traveling for any length of time your going to want to dress comfortably. This doesn't necessarily mean you need to dress in sweat pants or pajamas. A nice comfy pair of jeans and t-shirt or long sleeve shirt (depending on wear you are headed) is just as good. Shoes are another thing you want to be wary of. When you go through security if your shoes has any kind of heel on it you will have to take them off and put them through the x-ray machine. Then again you don't want to wear flat shoes if you're doing a lot of walking. Shoes you can slip on and off are probably best.

Luggage
I'm one of those that always has at least on piece off luggage that I have to check in. I know that paying 25 dollars for baggage is a little expensive, but when you think about having to let people go through your carry on,with all your clothes in it, right in front of everyone I'd much pay the money than do that. Plus as you get on the plane you'll have to put your bag in and overhead compartment and sometimes space in those runs out and you have to check your back at airside. So usually I just bring a backpack and a purse with me. I can fit both under the seat and it saves me time getting on and off the plane.

Hope this helps with your traveling! If you have anything to add or have any questions feel free to post a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment