Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vivian Divine is Dead Review!

Overview:
When a death threat arrives with teen celebrity Vivian Divine's fan mail, Vivian has no choice but to go on the run to Mexico. She soon discovers, though, that her Oscar-nominated performance killing villains on-screen did nothing to prepare her for escaping a madman in real life. Some people say he's a hero, others tremble in his presence, but one thing is clear: he won't stop until Vivian is in his grasp. Why didn't she pay more attention during those judo lessons for her role in Zombie Killer?

Vivian finds an ally in the mysterious and charming Nick. He is everything Hollywood boys are not-genuine, kind, and determined to see Vivian for who she really is. But even he seems like he can't be trusted-what could he be hiding?

Beat up, hungry, and more confused than ever about who she's running from, Vivian is living in a real-life blockbuster horror flick. But there's no option to yell "cut" like there is on set....

I won an ARC of this book in a giveaway on twitter, and I was really excited to read it. I've been really into mystery novels lately and when I won this I definitely thought this was going to be a good one. Well it kinda gave me what I was looking for. Vivian's mother had been kidnapped and killed by persons unknown. So, I was thinking alright this is good. But the more I read the more I was like I know I'm not sixteen anymore but do sixteen year old's really act like that? One minute she was hating this guy and then the next minute she was in love with him. I guess I understand that when you have no one and the one person you do have is helping you, you would start to soften towards them a  bit, but she took it to the extreme. I will admit some of the twists in this got me, but most of them I had already predicted myself. I can't say I hated this book because I didn't, but when I finished it I was sitting there like "Umm....okay well that was interesting." It left me feeling unsatisfied and I really can't put my finger on why.

No comments:

Post a Comment