Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I'm back! (from outer space)

So I had an awesome trip to San Diego to see my sister graduate! I didn't take a ton of pictures, 
but the few I did take are on my instagram if you would like to see them. I got to read some on
my trip. I picked up a few new books and I'm so excited to start reviewing them for you. I've also
won some ARC's of a few books that I'll also be reviewing. I'll tell you which ones those are when 
I do review them :) I am however going to do a quick review of The Fault in our Stars. I know 
that by now everyone's read it and seen the movie. So it's kind of a late review but oh well lol
  
 
The Fault In Our Stars written by John Green 
 
Overview: Despite the 
tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel 
has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon 
diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly
 appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be 
completely rewritten.
 
 So first I have to say don't hate me because I really didn't cry when I read 
this book. I did tear up just not as much as I expected to. However I really 
loved this book. The way Hazel explains how she feel in love with Gus is so 
cute! “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
 I love that quote! I really enjoyed how real the book was. There was no 
tip toeing around their sickness. Then again they didn't really 
have the kind of time we have. So they had to say exactly what they were 
feeling. Because who knew when they would get another chance to. Issac's 
character really spoke to me. Especially when he said "But I believe in true love, you know? 
I don't believe that everybody gets to keep their 
eyes or not get sick or whatever,but everybody should have true love,
and it should last at least as long as your life does." I 
found that to be so true. This is the first book I read by john green and I'm 
almost certain it won't be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment