Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Grimm Diaries Prequels Review





 These books were a very interesting concept. I loved the different take on all the fairy tale characters, but the writing wasn't as good as it could've been. Every single character sounded almost child like. I know that some of the characters are teenagers, but to me they sounded like small children. Even the story where the devil is telling the story, he sounded like a kid. I don't really like that. To me the devil is supposed to be super intelligent and knowledgeable about what is going on, on earth. The idea of these books is a great one. The execution however, was not well done. These books would be really great with some extra work. I really liked how gruesome some of the fairy tales were though. If you are distracted by writing style when reading a book then I wouldn't read these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment