Thursday, July 23, 2015

Persuasion Review

Overview: Grieving the death of her godfather and haunted by her cousin Cassie’s betrayal, Barrie returns from a trip to San Francisco to find the Watson plantation under siege. Ghost-hunters hope to glimpse the ancient spirit who sets the river on fire each night, and reporters chase rumors of a stolen shipment of Civil War gold that may be hidden at Colesworth Place. The chaos turns dangerous as Cassie hires a team of archeologists to excavate beneath the mansion ruins. Because more is buried there than treasure.

A stranger filled with magic arrives at Watson’s Landing claiming that the key to the Watson and Beaufort gifts—and the Colesworth curse—also lies beneath the mansion. With a mix of threats and promises, the man convinces Barrie and Cassie to cast a spell there at midnight. But what he conjures may have deadly consequences.


My Thoughts: I was give this book from the publisher on Edelweiss for an honest review. If you haven't read Compulsion (the first book in the series) then you need to fix that right away! I'm thoroughly obsessed with Watson's Landing and wish I could live there myself. Sans all the headaches that come with being bound to the island itself. This book starts off a few weeks after the first one ended. This one for me started a little slow, but it picked up so fast and I didn't know what to do with myself when I finished it. I was so upset that Barrie and Eight were arguing so much more than in the last book. I really hope they can work all this out. They are definitely destined to be together. Cassie is majorly different in this book than she was in Compulsion. I suppose being bound has had negative effect on her. She's waifish and pale not the full of life girl she used to be. The character I liked the most in this book was Obadiah. He was so mysterious and that didn't change at the end of the book. He's still a huge mystery and I'm definitely curious as to how all of this is going to play out. It took me by surprise at how the book ended. I kept flipping pages thinking there had to be more lol. I am more than excited for the next book. Pick this series up now if  you haven't already! You don't know what you're missing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment